Lowertown Walking Tours
Lowertown's story is told through layers of history, evident in the great works of architecture that have withstood the district's rise, fall, and recent revitalization.
Home to buildings by architectural greats such as Charles S. Frost, Cass Gilbert, and J. Walter Stevens, the visual unity of Lowertown arises from similarities in construction materials, most of which were locally sourced - red bricks from Lilydale; cream bricks from Chaska; granite and other stone from Rockville, Hinckley, and Saint Cloud.
Checkout the Lowertown Landing walking tour on your mobile device or one of the other Lowertown historic walking tours below!
Other Lowertown Related Walking Tour Guides
- Preservation Alliance of Minnesota: Mears Park and Rice Park Walking Tours
- Twin Cities Public Television (TPT): Union Depot Walking Tour
- Andrew G. Earhart: The Mears Park Area
- City of Saint Paul and Saint paul Heritage Preservation Commission: Saint Paul's Historic Lowertown, A Walking Tour
- Historic Saint Paul: East Side Walking Tour
- The Lower Phalen Creek Project: East Side Trail Guide
- Cass Gilbert Society: Cass Gilbert Walking Tour
- Rotary Club of Saint Paul: Uniquely Saint Paul, A Self Guided Walking Tour
- Saint Paul Historical: Lowertown Walking Tour